Our cookie policy

We use cookies to give you the best possible experience of our website. If you continue, we'll assume you're happy for your web browser to receive all cookies from our website. See our Privacy & security policy for more information on cookies and how to manage them.

× Back

Landlord Insurance

Landlord insurance protects your property investment and third party liability to your tenants

Get your quote Request a callback

or get your quote over the phone

0344 902 8315

Part of Brightside Insurance Services Ltd

One Insurance Solution Landlord Insurance

Here at One Insurance Solution, we have a wide range of insurers that can cover any type of property in any location. We can insure all types of property from houses, to bungalows, town houses, blocks of flats, large houses, barn conversions and more. 

We offer great rates on unoccupied properties, properties in flood or subsidence risk locations and rental guarantee insurance. Unlike many other property or landlord insurance providers, we can help find you a policy for unusual properties or those with tricky circumstances. 

The landlord and property insurance providers we work with can help you find cover and deals that can’t easily be found on the highstreet. 

Perfect for

  • All types of Houses and Homes
  • Flats (freehold and leasehold)
  • DSS Tenants
  • Unoccupied and Occupied Properties
  • Non-standard Construction
  • Holiday Lets

The best deals on the market

We work tirelessly with a panel of the UK's best-loved insurers to offer you the best policy at the best price.

Home Insurance

What is Landlords Insurance?

Landlords insurance, sometimes called buy-to-let insurance, is for someone who owns a property and rents it out to other people. This includes renting it to tenants, family members, holiday lets, or to businesses. It also applies to those who own an empty property, who are intending to let it or sell it.

There are 3 basic things you can cover yourself for: physical material damage to the building and contents, liability to the public (like a postman tripping on your front step), or financial loss like loss of rent and legal costs.

There are several things that can happen to your property called perils. There are too many to list here, but common perils that occur are fire, storm and flood, escape of water, theft and accidental/malicious damage. You can also insurer property for terrorism, but be aware this is not normally included; this would have to be added on separately.

How much should I insure my building for?

You should insure your building for its Rebuild Value. This is the cost of rebuilding the property in the event that it is completely destroyed. This is different from the market value.

There are two ways to find this. You can pay a surveyor or you can use the BCIS online calculator. If you set your rebuild value too low, your insurance might not pay the full amount. So it’s important you get this right.

Get your quote

What about your tenants?

The tenancy type can have a large impact on your insurance agreement, so you need to know what kind of tenants you have. Tenants can include: working professionals, people referred by Social Security, students, asylum seekers. Or if you do not have any tenants in your property, your tenancy type would be classed as "unoccupied". If so, you need to make sure that your insurance still covers you. Many policies do not cover the property if it's unoccupied for more than a certain a length of time.

While you do have tenants, they can be on a 6 month let, a 12 month let, or a number of different time frames. We can arrange cover based on all types of tenants that you might have in your property.

Get a quote Request a callback

We provide more than just Landlord Insurance

Commercial property

If you own a building used for any business, that you either rent out or operate from it yourself – we can help make sure it’s insured correctly and can be provided in a business insurance package.

Find out more

Employers Liability

If you have employees in your business, you are legally obliged to make sure they are protected with Employees Liability insurance. You can add this onto your Public Liability insurance.

Find out more

Company Car

Car insurance for a car that’s used for business and company purposes as well as social, domestic and pleasure. If you use your car for your work, this could be right for you.

Find out more

Professional Indemnity

If you give advice as part of your work, we can financially protect you for claims against your professional indemnity. Crucial cover for those in service industries, and professions who are paid for their advice and knowledge.

Find out more