A guide to Car Insurance
The powers that be say you've got to have car insurance for your beloved wheels. This is because if you're involved in an accident, there could be expensive car damage or medical costs for you or someone else.
If you don't have cover then you're breaking the law. Plus you're responsible for the financial side of things if you have an accident. Having insurance cover means you're not the one out of pocket.
There are three types of insurance cover:
- Comprehensive insurance covers against medical costs and car repairs for you and the other driver. It also covers fire or theft claims too
- Third party fire and theft insurance covers the repairs for the other driver's car and covers you if your car catches fire or is stolen
- Third party only insurance is the minimum insurance you need to be insured to drive your car on the road. It covers the cost of repairs to a third party's car
Car Insurance features
With our comprehensive car insurance you can read your policy online and on the go on your mobile, plus you have access to a 24 hour claims helpline based in the UK.
Our other great features:
- If you're injured because of an accident, you're covered for £5,000 for personal accidents to get you back on your feet
- With personal belongings cover you get up to £150, so you'll be covered if your bag full of sports equipment is damaged or stolen
- Offering audio equipment cover of up to £750, if you make a claim for fire, theft or damage after a collision, we'll get you singing at the top of your lungs again in no time
- You'll love our windscreen cover for getting rid of those annoying stone chips and cracks on your window
- The great 90 day EU cover means you can take your friends or family abroad whenever you want and still be covered
Use one of our approved repairers and benefit from:
- FREE courtesy car while your car is being repaired **
- FREE collection and re-delivery
- FREE car cleaning service
- Repairer's work guaranteed for three years
Windscreen and Glass Cover
Our Windscreen and Glass Cover includes:
- Any repairs to your windscreen and car windows
- The cost of repairing any bodywork caused by any vehicle glass breaking
- FREE car cleaning service
- All repairs are FREE with no excess required †
** Comprehensive cover or where purchased as an optional extra on third party policies only, provided by the approved repairer, subject to availability.
† Subject to you using our approved repairer and a £75 excess is payable in the event that the windscreen needs to be replaced.
Insurance cover in the EU
If you decide a trip to the South of France is on the cards, all these levels of cover are the same (remember there is a 90 day limit to your cover within the EU), but there are a few other things to think about, such as breakdown cover.
Before taking a relaxing trip away, make sure you swat up on the laws about driving in the country you're going to.
For example, in France the roads are privately owned so you may have to pay a fortune if you break down (unless you have our great breakdown add on that covers you abroad too).
There are also different laws about headlights so you may have to get specific stickers to make sure your vehicle complies.
Why not contact us to see if we can help with any questions about driving abroad.