Our cookie policy

We use cookies to give you the best possible experience of our website. If you continue, we'll assume you're happy for your web browser to receive all cookies from our website. See our Privacy & security policy for more information on cookies and how to manage them.

× Back

Courier insurance

Insurance you need if you deliver other people’s goods using your vehicle on UK roads

Request a callback

or get your quote over the phone

0333 222 1063

Part of Brightside Insurance Services Ltd

One Insurance Solution Courier Packages

Courier insurance covers your vehicle if you use it for hire, or you use it to deliver goods for payment. We can also cover your Public Liability and Employers liability, as well covering the goods that you’re transporting.

You can get quotes with great rates for all the insurances you need either separately or as a package.


Looking for Hire & Reward Taxi Insurance? Click here

Courier Insurance can come with...

  • Carriage of goods for Hire & Reward
  • Goods in Transit
  • Public Liability Insurance
  • Employers Liability Insurance

What is Carriage of Goods for Hire & Reward?

Carriage of Goods for Hire & Reward is a type of use in your insurance policy that correctly (and legally) allows you to carry other people’s goods for you to then deliver to. If you don’t have this set up correctly and you get paid to deliver or move goods that don’t belong to you – your normal motor insurance will be invalid.

Goods in transit is a standalone insurance policy which protects the goods that someone carries in their vehicle. This acts as additional cover to replace the cost of high-value goods that you transport. But having a Goods in transit policy on its own, (without the “carriage of goods for hire and reward” use on your motor policy), means that your motor policy will still be invalid.

The best deals on the market

We work tirelessly with a panel of the UK's best-loved insurers to offer you the best policy at the best price.

Do I need Courier Insurance?

Yes! If your occupation requires you to move goods for other people, such as a “Furniture Remover”, “Courier”, “Newspaper delivery driver”, “Waste transportation”, and “Charity collection people”.

If you are transporting your own goods or anything relating to your own business, for example if you are a builder and carrying tools. You will not require it.

We provide more than just courier insurance

Breakdown cover

We understand that getting the right breakdown cover is really important and you can't afford for it to be off the road. Our breakdown cover is provided by the RAC and reflect your needs and budget.

Employers Liability

If you have employees in your business, you are legally obliged to make sure they are protected with Employees Liability insurance. You can add this onto your Public Liability insurance.

Find out more

Fleet Insurance

If you have multiple vehicles, it might be better value to insure them in a single fleet policy. This could save you time and money with one policy, and one renewal.

Find out more

Goods in transit

You can insure the goods you carry for other people when they’re under your care. Or, you can also protect your own goods when they’re in transit with this cover.

Find out more

Challenge us to beat your new vehicle quote or renewal price today. Call us on 0333 222 1063 or fill out the callback form by clicking the button below.