Our cookie policy

We use cookies to give you the best possible experience of our website. If you continue, we'll assume you're happy for your web browser to receive all cookies from our website. See our Privacy & security policy for more information on cookies and how to manage them.

× Back

Tradesman Insurance

Easy, hassle-free insurance that keeps tradesmen and buildings professionals on the go

Get a quote online

Call us on 0344 902 8313 or request a callback below

Part of Brightside Insurance Services Ltd

One Insurance Solution Tradesmen Insurance

We search our panel for the right insurance that you need as a tradesman. This means we can offer you the best prices. As a tradesman, it’s important that you cover your Liability with Public Liability insurance, and Employers Liability insurance if you have employees.

Many of our tradesman also protect their tools, equipment, and personal accident. They know that getting properly protected makes sense to them so they can keep trading should anything happen.

Perfect for
  • Builders
  • Carpenters
  • Plumbers
  • Decorators
  • Electricians
  • and more...

The best deals on the market

We work tirelessly with a panel of the UK's best-loved insurers to offer you the best policy at the best price.

Tradesmen Public Liability Insurance

As a tradesman you need an insurance policy that is designed to protect you and your business from insurance claims made by the public. It’s recommended any self-employed or sole trader that has any interaction with the public during their trade gets Public Liability Insurance. Public liability covers you against damage to other people’s property, or injuring a member of the public as a result of your business. You can find out more about Public Liability here

Attached to your Public Liability insurance you can get your tools, equipment, plant, personal accident insurance, contract works and legal expenses insurance included with your cover.

Get a quote online

Tradesmen Employers Liability Insurance

If you employ anyone in any capacity you will require Employers Liability insurance. This includes self-employed contractors but not official Subcontractors. An official Subcontractors is someone that is a specialist in their own trade who operates separately to you. There are other exemptions as well.

You can be fined up to £2,500 per day that you have not held the correct Employers Liability insurance. This can be back dated to the point you should have held it. You can find out more about Employers Liability.

Find out more

Tradesmen Professional Indemnity

As a tradesmen sometimes you will be responsible for some design or surveying work as part of a contract. Alternatively, your trade may have a large aspect of design or consultancy work. In these instances it is worth considering Professional Indemnity insurance. 

Professional Indemnity insurance is designed to cover you for constructing or designing something wrong that causes you client a financial loss. You can find out more about Professional Indemnity.

Arrange a callback today

Please enter the date that your insurance is due for renewal.

Website line

We provide more than just Tradesman Insurance

Fleet Insurance

If you have multiple vehicles, it might be better value to insure them in a single fleet policy. This could save you time and money with one policy, and one renewal.

Find out more

Commercial Property

If you own a building used for any business, that you either rent out or operate from it yourself – we can help make sure it’s insured correctly and can be provided in a business insurance package.

Find out more

Van Insurance

Our Van Insurance can keep you and your van on the road no matter what life has in store. Our great features and optional extras can keep you safe and protected.

Find out more

Home Insurance

We can get great cover for houses and homes of any size and type. Whether you live in an old house or a new build we can help you get good value, hassle-free home insurance.

Find out more