Our cookie policy

We use cookies to give you the best possible experience of our website. If you continue, we'll assume you're happy for your web browser to receive all cookies from our website. See our Privacy & security policy for more information on cookies and how to manage them.

× Back

Motor Traders Insurance

We can provide insurance cover for Road Risks only, or a Motor Trade Combined policy

Request a callback

or get your quote over the phone

0344 902 8317

Part of Brightside Insurance Services Ltd

One Insurance Solution Motor Traders Insurance

We can cover any type of business from small independent traders to long standing large garages. Businesses and motor traders of all types with different circumstances and arrangements come to us. We can find you a policy that matches the way you do business. 

With a great range of markets, and lots of experience in this area, we can help make sure you get the right Motor Traders Insurance.

Perfect for
  • Garages
  • Forecourt or Part-time Traders
  • Valeters
  • MOT Stations
  • Mechanics
  • Breakdown & Recovery Agents

The best deals on the market

We work tirelessly with a panel of the UK's best-loved insurers to offer you the best policy at the best price.

Who’s it for?

Road Risks - Car Valeters, Mobile Mechanics, Car Salesman who work from home, Tyre Fitters, Collection & Delivery Car Jockeys, Breakdown Recovery.

Motor Trade Combined - Dealerships, Repair Garages, Body Shops, MOT Centres, Petrol Forecourts, Motor Mechanics, Commercial Vehicle Centres.

Request a callback 0344 902 8317

What is Motor Traders insurance?

There 2 main types of motor traders insurance you can get.

Road Risks only.

This is a type of insurance that covers vehicles in your custody or control whilst on the road. It’s available if you’re a full time or part time motor trader. You can add personally registered cars onto this policy too!

Motor Trade Combined.

A combined motor trade policy is a more comprehensive option meant for those that have a premise and need to cover physical assets like buildings and contents too. This can cover forecourts, mechanic garages, body shops etc. A combined policy like this can also cover your employees and public liability insurance (which protects members of the public on your site). You can also cover against damage to customer’s vehicles in your care.

Request a callback

What cover do I need?

Comprehensive Cover protects against fire and accidental damage to the vehicle. Third party fire and theft excludes the accidental damage aspect. Or third party only cover is the minimum required by law, but won’t cover any damage to your own vehicle.

Traders Insurance can cover any vehicle you drive as long as the vehicle is notified to the insurer through the Motor Insurance Database

The maximum value of a vehicle you can drive is always pre-agreed with your insurer. Make sure you discuss this point with your insurance company.

We provide more than just Motor Traders Insurance

Employers Liability

If you have employees in your business, you are legally obliged to make sure they are protected with Employees Liability insurance. You can add this onto your Public Liability insurance.

Find out more

Commercial Property

If you own a building used for any business, that you either rent out or operate from it yourself – we can help make sure it’s insured correctly and can be provided in a business insurance package.

Find out more

Business Car

Car insurance for a car that’s used for business purposes as well as social, domestic and pleasure. If you use your car for your work, this could be right for you.

Find out more

Professional Indemnity

If you give advice as part of your work, we can financially protect you for claims against your professional indemnity. Crucial cover for those in service industries, and professions who are paid for their advice and knowledge.

Find out more